The Town of Vernon contracts with Vince Budiac and Wisconsin Building Inspections, LLP. In addition to inspecting all building, plumbing, electrical, heating, venting and air conditioning (HVAC) work, the Building Inspector also reviews building plans, collects building permit fees and conducts on-site inspections.
- Enforce the Town's building and inspection codes
- Make on-site inspections to insure compliance and enforcement of the Zoning & Building Codes
- Authorize orders to stop work when in violation of any Town Ordinance
- Process applications, make all inspections and issue certificates of occupancy
The Building Inspector is in the Town Hall Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and available via phone Monday thru Friday during normal business hours. Direct all questions/appointments relating to building, remodeling, and inspections to Vince Budiac at 262-366-2400. If no answer, please leave a detailed message and Vince will return your call promptly.
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursdays
1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Accessory Buildings
- Building Permit Information
- Deck Standards / Deck Commentary
- Driveway and Culvert
- Fence Information
- Inspection Schedule Information
- New Home Building Questionnaire
- Swimming Pool Info
- Zoning Permits-Town Hall
Zoning Permit & Site Evaluation:
A Zoning Permit is required when a structure or part thereof is located, erected, moved, reconstructed, extended, enlarged, converted or structurally altered in the Towns of Genesee, Oconomowoc, Ottawa or Vernon; or the shoreland/floodland areas (generally within 1,000 feet of a lake of 300 feet of a stream) in the Towns of Brookfield, Delafield, Eagle, Lisbon, Merton, Mukwonago, Summit or Waukesha.
You may need a preliminary Site Evaluation for impact on your well and septic system or a Construction Erosion Control Permit to prevent sediment from leaving your site.