(WAUKESHA, WI) – Waukesha County communities will host a series of special one-day collections of household electronics and appliances for residents in 2018. These events will be held on the second Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
July’s event will be held in the City of Brookfield at 19700 Riverview Drive on Saturday, July 14th.
August's event will be held in the Town of Merton of located at N78W32101 Peterson Road on Saturday, August 11th.
Items will be collected at the events for a cash-only fee include:
- Television sets for $25 each
- Cathode Ray Tube computer monitors for $10 each
- No broken or de-manufactured television or computer units will be accepted
Items that will be collected at no fee include:
- Computer equipment, including desktop computers, keyboards, laptops, scanners, printers and non-cathode ray tube computer monitors
- AV equipment such as DVD players, VCRs and stereos
- Cell phones and telephones
- Appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, watercoolers, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, water heaters, washer/dryers, stoves, oven/ranges, and dishwashers
These collection events are for household electronics and appliances only. A complete list of upcoming 2018 events, business recycling options and locations to recycle broken or de-manufactured unit are online at waukeshacounty.gov/recycling or call 262-896-8300.